Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stunned

Since I posted twice separately the day before and I didn't want to be responsible for all two of my readers overdosing, I didn't post yesterday. I'm back today though and had a big surprise waiting for me on my blog. One of the real bloggers that I follow, actually left a comment on my last post about leaving a mark on the world that was inspired by her blog. I was so stoked!! It gave me a taste of how addicting it must be for those real bloggers to watch their following grow. I can't figure out how she knew I did it because you see, I'm not a real blogger. Because if I was, I would KNOW how she knew. I suspect that it has something to do with the hyperlink to her blog that I included in my posting but I don't know and it's really bugging me because I so want to know.

And no, I'm not going to be all "junior high-ish" and ask her because that's just way too dorky. I may be a lot of things but I'm not a dork. Dorks don't insert the word "pussy" in normal conversations just to horrify their husbands and they certainly don't have a very large bottle of vodka in their freezer. Not naming names or anything, I'm just saying. With all that being said, if Mama Mary does happen to read this, would she mind letting me know how she knew? Because the way my mind works, this curiosity will torture my mind for an indeterminately long time. Thanks. PS. If it's such an easy answer that even my 4 year old would know it, please make it sound more difficult than it actually is so I don't feel like more of an idiot than I already feel. Thanks.

As I peck away on this keyboard, I am in the last hours of my last sizable "off the grid" for awhile. I'm outside on the patio with Fuzzy on my lap, feeling the breeze, hearing my windchimes, and watching this kick-ass lizard dig around on the embankment in front of me. The crows are carrying on about something as they always do though today there seems to be quite a bruhaha taking place. Yet, to me, it's quiet. When I do get time to myself at home, I like it quiet. I want to hear the sounds of things so minor and small that I would never even notice them on a regular day. These are the sounds of all the little things in the day that I'm too busy to notice let alone stop and listen. They are the sounds of life outside of my little world and it's nice to stop, listen, and realize how thankful I am to be alive to hear them.

9 comments:

Diana said...

I'm only slightly less clueless. As far as I know, some blogs are set up that when someone links to your blog, you get a message (it's either called a trackback or a pingback, I think?). And no, I like to think that my four year old would look at me and say, "Trackback? Like when the track goes back? On the train table?"

hasan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shaahah said...



If you are looking for a complete and satisfying experience, you

should try Magicien Pour Mariage in Paris. This shop

offers weddings to match all sorts of interests.

Vapesource UK said...

It can be easy to get confused between all the different kinds of Vape Juice. There are many vaporizers out there that you can use with your e-cigarette such as the Tank vaporizer which is a very popular brand.

shaahah said...

Farmhouse decor can be designed from simple or elaborate pieces. You may decide to create a farmhouse look using porches made from wrought iron. It can also be created from wood and wrought iron. You can use the same style of theme or you can add accessories to create the look of a village. Wood can be painted in darker colors to make it appear older, or you can get a colorful cushion cover that is done in a style similar to French Country decor. To add a sense of beauty to your home, you can add wicker furniture and colorful cushions to the walls and furniture.

aaaaaaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
umair said...

Busco Conductor Uber de la Cdmx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Time is precious. These are really famous words, and they're right. Once time gets out of hand, we waste a lot of time just thinking about how to pass this time and regret it. My advice is to live every single moment with your own moment, which is quite important.
Megasouk.pk
Online shopping