Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Waking Up

Why a non-morning person blogs in the morning makes no sense to me. I've been up for 2 hours now and I'm still rubbing my eyes trying to wake up. This is because I didn't get to wake up at a leisurely pace. The blasted neighbors up the hill put that dog out on the patio before 7am and it started barking its head off. Up I got to close the patio door, back to bed. Dozed off again to be awoken by crying coming from I.'s room. Jump out of bed, pulling my pjs on to discover that baby bear took a somersault out of the bed and is now unreachable. And all that has led to my grogginess and struggle to wake up.

I can't blog during the day 'cause I'm too busy doing. I've already tried blogging at the end of the day and failed. I don't have enough words leftover at the end of the day. So that's how I've arrived at blogging in the morning. It's still very challenging with I. clammoring all around me, "Mommy look at me." "Mommy can you get me this?" "Mommy I'm done with poops. Come wipe me!" You get the idea. Carrying a train of thought for longer than 2 seconds can be more challenging than any job I had in the outside world. You wanted to think about something? You just close your office door, put the phone to voicemail and voila - time to think in peace. My office these days is in the form of the toliet room and even then, as soon as the door closes, chances are there will be immediate knocking, questions, crying etc.

But I'll take my new "office" anyday of the week over that fancy office I used to work in. At least I'm dealing with a 4 year old who acts like a 4 year old as opposed to a 30 year old who acts like a 4 year old. Off I go...

No comments: