Saturday, May 8, 2010

Itchy Kind of Day

We're just awash in itchniness this morning. My lip continues to peel, itch, and burn. I guess I don't need to worry about it being all better by the time my Tuesday dermatologist's appointment rolls around. I'd like to say I'm happy about that but my mouth hurts too much to speak.

To add to that itchiness, I. woke up this morning with a crusty, itchy eye. The eyeball itself isn't that red but it does have some discharge and under the eye looks like somebody socked her one. Don't you love how these things magically appear on not only the weekend, but a holiday weekend? For now, we're going the cold washcloth route but I think I'll google some home remedies.

I've gotta get I. and I ready because when V. comes back from the gym, he's going to take I. with him to go get Mother's Day stuff or as I call it "Mother's Day Procurement". That's what I told him yesterday, that he needed to take I. for Mother's Day procurement. Well, he was at work when I told him so I thought I'd put it in his work lingo, you know? They say to speak their language in order for them to hear so I thought I'd take it all the way.

Anyways, while they're gone, I need to run to CVS to get some gift bags and paper for my dad's birthday gift. All I have is holiday themed bags and lots of pink paper. Even I draw the line at giving my dad a birthday present in bright pink paper. Then I need to sit down and handwrite my Mother's Day letter that I'm giving my mom as one of her presents. I'm writing down all the things I remember about her and I while I was growing up. I've been adding to it daily the last couple of weeks as I think of things but now I need to handwrite it and put some meaning behind it. I think she doubts her mothering skills sometimes with all the crap with my sister and the past crap with my brother so a letter from me to tell her that I remember and appreciate all the time we spent together and how I cherish those memories should hit the spot for her.

It's such a nice day weather-wise I think I'll write it out on the back patio. That'll be good use of a little time off. Date night with V. tonight too - of course, he'll be ready for bed by 8 pm but hopefully he can stretch it to the ultra late hour of 9pm.

No comments: