Friday, May 21, 2010

The Bubbi is Coming, The Bubbi is Coming

Yesterday was a good day with my friend. Picked me up, went out to an Indian lunch which was tasty. Turns out we're the only ones in both of our families who like Indian food so we declared ourselves "Indian food buddies". We didn't have anything planned other than just hanging out so we took ourselves a drive all the way up to Carlsbad to pick up his car from the dealership (it was being serviced). We just relaxed, talked, laughed, caught up, and I got to play with his new IPad too. It was nice and totally opposite of my normal, adult-free day, which was the whole point.

Miracle of all miracles is occurring and my parents are coming over for a couple of hours this afternoon. No, I don't know what they told my sister or the logistics behind the visit. What I do know is how excited I. is to have them come over finally. They haven't been over since mid-January to help cut and transport the Christmas tree to the recycling place. It's not like they live far away mind you - they live 30 minutes away yet they haven't been here for 4 months. I. got herself dressed this morning, picking out her clothes "because Bubbi will like this ".

I think the only reason they are throwing caution to the wind and coming over is because my brother abruptly moved out yesterday. They knew it was coming in the next 3 months or so but then he told them Sunday, that he was moving out on Thursday and that threw them in a tailspin. So they are both, especially my mom, so depressed about it that they are desperate for something happy to distract them, namely I. That was why I suggested they come over. That and I. wants them to see her butterflies before we let them go. Hopefully the cats can hold it together for the visit and Fuzzy doesn't slink under the kitchen table and leave an enormous steaming pile like she did yesterday right before I fixed my dinner.

Good thing I have an iron stomach these days. Around this place I don't think I could afford not to.

No comments: