Thursday, May 20, 2010

Off the Grid Part 2

I gotta be fast because I need to pack a lunch for I., clean up the kitchen, and get ready so that I can get I. to her "science camp" by 10:30. You know what that means, right? Yep, you guessed it, it's an off the grid kind of day. My second to the last one but who's counting? Oh, yeah, I am.

Today may turn out to be good or really good, we'll have to see. I'm getting together with my one other friend (yes, it's a guy). He's been super busy so we haven't gotten to meet for lunch or see each other since right before Christmas but he's on FB during the week so we chat pretty often to stay up to date. I don't know what we're doing outside of grabbing some Indian food for lunch but it will probably just be kick back, maybe go to a Starbucks and just relax and catch up. I guess we'll see. We're doing the Indian food because I haven't eaten at an Indian restaurant and he's been telling me about a place around here that's good. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I'm a little tired from staying up until midnight getting all the blasted flight arrangements reserved. How those people at United sound so cheerful at that time of night is beyond me. Of course, they hadn't just sat on hold for 15 minutes either. Trying to make the flight arrangements for I. and I was not any less aggravating because every time I chose the flights that I wanted, it would say they weren't available and then I would have to reenter everything all over again. IF THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE, DON'T OFFER THEM TO ME! Seems like a simple concept. I went to 4 different websites and guess what? The flight combo that I wanted that supposedly "wasn't available" was available on that 4th website. See it's that research thing again - more is better in this case. Yes, the price was higher than quoted before, it actually was going up as I was researching so we paid more than I had planned but the times are going to be as good as it gets for keeping I. from getting obnoxiously tired.

Now, I've just got to figure out the car seat dilemna but that's for another post.

No comments: