Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sneaking Away

Yesterday was a better day thankfully. V. was home with the girls when we got back from the gym so I. played with them until it was time to go to a restaurant for our traditional early dinner. V. took a nap on the couch and I decided it was now or never to get a couple of errands out of the way by myself.

Off I went to Best Buy to get printer paper and Home Depot to get nails to secure down the loose DirectTV cable along our bedroom door that has been driving me nuts for about 4 months now. I was doing good on time so I decided since Ross was just across the street and I had a birthday gift card in my wallet that I'd run over there quickly. Though I was in search of dressier black sandals for the girls' upcoming graduation, I saw some really cute (and cheap!) sundresses on the rack and ended up getting 2 of them for our Puerto Rico trip. Last week, we went shopping for I. for supercool outfits so now it was my turn. I remember from last time that the best thing to wear was something that would provide airflow between your legs because it was so hot with high humidity, wearing shorts would cause sweat to just roll down your legs. Nasty!

It was nice to get out and take care of something and then do something for myself. I came back after an hour refreshed and ready to be part of the family again. Good deal!

No comments: