Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Positives and The Negatives

Let's start with the positives of the day:
  • I have a cute little 4 year old girl who is dancing around to the reggae music channel that she picked out today.
  • Chances are very good that I'll get a rest time this afternoon.
  • I am going to the grocery store by myself.
  • My refrigerator ROCKS. It's amazing how the same amount of food in this new one still leaves it looking empty.
  • I'm alive and kicking.

The negatives of the day are as follows:

  • The cats launched a full-frontal and full-anal assault on the place last night while I was sleeping. I came downstairs to find 3 separate piles of partially digested dry food, a separate entry in the "hairball" category, and the largest pile of wet, soft crap I've ever seen come out of a 12 pound mammal. All of this on the carpet for me to stress about and clean up. All of this after a $1000 vet bill. And all of this before 8am. As a non-morning person, this does not help me to joyously start my day.
  • The day is pretty back to back things that need to get done and lots of multi-tasking which tends towards hectic-ness. I don't like that very much.

However, I do have 2 episodes of Mad Men sitting on the table waiting for me. I swear that show is like crack cocaine - once you start, you'll never want to stop. There's my carrot dangling for the rest of the day...

No comments: