Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Busy Days

A slow start this morning after an abrupt awakening. Oh, I like the double alliteration in that first sentence. Yes, I know I'm strange for even noticing it but I'm a visual person and these kinds of things just jump out at me. Anyways, the abrupt awakening at 5:58 a.m. was I. crying so I ran into her room only to find out that it was only because Baby Bear had fallen on the ground. Yes, I know she loves her Baby Bear. That's not the issue. The issue is that she was going to be climbing out of that blasted bed in 2 minutes and could have retrieved Baby Bear. I guess I should be happy that I. is such a literal kid in that it never crossed her mind to sneak out of that bed before 6:00, get Baby Bear and climb back in. I tried to keep that in mind as I stalked back to my bed to try to sneak in a few more minutes of sleep.

Now I'm up and moving, still struggling with fighting off this cold, and am facing a busy errand day. Actually Day One, Day Two comes tomorrow. But it's better that I get these things done while I. is in school for a couple of hours rather than wait until next week when she's out of school. I just wish I felt better. The pounding ears and head don't make things easier. I should be thankful though because V. has the full blown version of the cold.

My pet peeve of the last couple of weeks has been that I. doesn't play with the toys she has. I've parsed them down to make them less daunting and it isn't that she has SO many toys. She just doesn't play with them and it's aggravating to me. What is also aggravating to me is that since the time change she's getting up so friggin' early (this morning it was 4:33 or something like that) that by 8:30/9:00 a.m., she's already tired and has a low tolerance for frustration leading to my morning being filled with little whining, crying fits as things don't look/work exactly as she wants them to. Grrr...stupid stupid time change.

No comments: