Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today's the Day

I am now the momma of a 5 year old. I cannot believe it since it just seems like yesterday I was holding her for the first time. All the more reason to make as many memories as possible with I. because time does fly. Today I am concentrating on her excitement and pride that she is 5 to keep from getting sad. I'll save that for tonight when I'm writing her birthday letter. I already know now to get a box of Kleenex along with the stationary and pen because it's inevitable.

Yesterday I showed her the pictures I took each month of my pregnancy and she really liked it. This morning I will show her the pictures we took in the hospital of her first hours. Then we will get ready, head to Chuck E. Cheese for fun and lunch, then to school where she'll get to celebrate her birthday in chapel and in her classroom. I am going to get some good pictures (hopefully) and then I'll do a picture posting with the best bday pics. I realized that I did not get any pictures of me or V. with I. at her party so I am going to see if I can get someone at school to take a picture of us. It sure is hard getting in the pictures when you're the momma, at least around this joint.

Happy Birthday my beautiful, sweet, feisty, loving, smart, funny little girl! You have changed my life in the most meaningful way and I am thankful every day and night that you are my daughter.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful, sweet, feisty, loving, smart, funny girl! Hmmm. Those words seem to describe the momma too! Hope both the 5 year old and the 5 year old's momma are doing well.