Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Best Day Ever

Today I think was even better than I had hoped. Honestly, it was just one of those perfect days. The only non-perfect part was that for some reason I had stressful, active dreams all morning when I usually get my good rest. As a result, I woke up feeling tired and with a headache. But that all disappeared when I saw that it was NOT raining as predicted, meaning that we could go on our adventure today. From that point on, I swear, it felt like Christmas morning to me. That's the only way to describe it. But enough talking, let's look at the pictures of the day.

Here's I. waiting for the train in Solana Beach. Her first train ride and she's excited!

I made sure we sat on the west side of the train for both trips so that we could enjoy the beach view all the way up to San Juan Capistrano.

The petting zoo wasn't opened yet so we stopped for a latte for me, in hopes that it would help my headache disappear and a blueberry scone for I. who said she was already hungry. I've noticed that I always take good pictures when I. is taking them or when we take them together. I guess my love for her just shines through.


Here is Dr. Doolittle in action. This petting zoo was really fantastic. Both of us had so much fun feeding and petting the animals. There were tons of guinea pigs and rabbits running around in this huge pen. Plus another pen full of goats, a calf and mother cow, llamas, turkeys, and an ostrich thrown in for good measure. An animal lover's dream come true!

I. hanging out with the sheep in their house


Could they find a bigger horse? Nope, not here 'cause this was the biggest one there. I. was thrilled.

After the petting zoo, we had lunch at Ruby's Diner (thus the pink cadillac) and walked around a couple of shops happily. Then it was back to the station to wait for our train.

There's our train! I always forget how huge, loud, and just plain cool it is when the train goes by you up close. Pretty awesome.
So that was our day. No tears, tantrums, backtalking, bad attitudes, none of it. Just constant hand holding, laughing, smiling, kissing and snuggling. Once we got back to our car and were driving home, I. said, "Are we home yet? I'm SO tired." I think that was the first time I heard her say that, not counting when she's whining about not wanting to do something. She was asleep in 5 minutes once her head hit her pillow.
Okay, so maybe people think I'm strange for being so driven when it comes to making memories with I. and perhaps I am. But it comes down to what I told I. on the train ride home. She's old enough now to remember all of these things that we did together and these memories will be special especially when she has kids of her own. I remember all the things my mom and I did and while they were normal things (library, beach, shopping, lunch, etc.), they are special memories to me especially now that I have I. Maybe I only have a year, 5 years, 10 years or maybe many many more years I don't know. And that's point, I don't know. But just in case, I'm going to hedge my bets and do all the things I'd like her and I to do in life now because I don't know what the future holds. What I do know is that she will have some damn good memories of our time and adventures together and I just pray that someday she will be sitting next to her child on their first train ride and she'll remember today with a warm glow in her heart knowing that her momma loved her beyond words and cherished the time that we spent together.








No comments: