Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First Day Back

This long week is going to seem longer today, I just know it. V. left on Sunday morning and isn't coming back until late Friday night. This made Sunday feel like Monday, and Monday Tuesday and...well you get where I'm going with this.

It didn't help that I. for some reason woke up many times last night before I went to bed, after I went to bed, and woke up this morning screaming with a bad dream. To say that this morning she is tired and out of sorts would be an understatement. To make matters worse, I am tired too. I stayed up too late trying to finish I.'s annual photobook that we give the grandparents. If I can get the order in for the photobooks and the Christmas cards in tonight, we save a substantial amount of money. I worked on it for 5 hours last night and about the same the night before. Tonight should just be the quality control and finishing touches but I know those somehow will morph into at least 2 hours more of work.

First day back to school for I. today. We had such a nice vacation time together. Even though it was only a week, we got a lot of stuff in there. A trip to Sea World, to Legoland, to see a kids' movie, a day train trip. Wow, plus a major holiday, a couple of nights at my parents' house which gave V. and I a whole day and evening to ourselves.

With I. not getting enough sleep last night, I'm thankful for her school time this afternoon because I know she'll hold it together there unlike how she would be at home. We're going to head to the gym where hopefully I can conjure enough energy to kick my own butt, then home for lunch and then off to school. After chapel, it'll be rush rush rush to 2 different grocery stores, unloading of all the groceries plus I need to pick up food for the parrot and a book at the library that's been on hold. The proverbial chicken with its head cut off. Then back to I.'s school to bring her home for the mad dash to bed.

I'm tired just thinking about this. Oh well, the first day back to anything is always difficult and who knows, maybe it'll be better than I expect.

No comments: