Friday, December 3, 2010

The Week Continues

The end of the week is eluding me, it seems to just keep moving farther ahead and I can't catch it. Why? Because V. can't come home this weekend. After months and months of the Saudi schedule you would think it wouldn't be a big thing. But it's amazing how quickly I get into a new schedule with expectations included. Mainly that on Saturday and Sunday, I won't be getting up at 6:45 to I. calling me. It's amazing what that simple fact means to me when I'm falling asleep the night before. It's like taking a deep breath of moist, salty ocean air. It just feels good to all the senses. But not this week.

Well, I'm nothing if not resourceful so I have already got weekend plans in place for I. and I. Sunday it's supposed to be rainy so why not stay warm and snug in the house and decorate for Christmas with music and maybe some Christmas shows too?

What we're doing tomorrow morning will get me in trouble (kind of) with V. but it's something I want to do. It's hard to volunteer and help with I. only in school a couple of hours at a time and then in bed by 4pm. Sure, I could wait until next year when she's in kindergarten but why, when I can help now in some way? I already warned him that this is what I wanted to do and he knows it's coming. For the last 3 weeks, I've been telling him that there's a good chance when he comes home from his trip that there may be another animal temporarily here. He moans and groans but he knows it's happening though part of him is still in denial I'm sure. Well, he won't be in denial for long because tomorrow morning we are picking up either one adult cat or a few younger cats from PetSmart to give it/them a break from the constant viewing and limited movement and give them some room, love, and affection. It's just for a few weeks and then they'll go back and hopefully get adopted. The thing is that I'm going to be busted tomorrow because when I. finds out and we go and get it/them, she's going to be so excited that she is going to tell V. as soon as possible. Then the jig is going to be up. You want to know something funny though? I went over to the PetSmart to look at the cats 'cause I was over that way shopping while I. was in school and one of the adult cats who was really sweet was named V. Wouldn't it be funny if that was the one I ended up picking up tomorrow? I could have fun with that one. Since my V. isn't here very much, I got another V. Hee, hee.

Don't get me wrong, if V. was deadset against this, I wouldn't do it. But he really isn't, he knows it will make me feel good, and that it's part of the lessons I'm trying to teach I. Plus, he's not here 85% of the time and knows I'll be the one doing the work anyways.

I have to admit, I'm excited.

No comments: