Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Plans

I know, I know, I haven't been posting regularly again. It's not because nothing is going on because everything is going on. It's just that I haven't been ready to post about it. It's one thing to have it on my mind every friggin' minute of the day but to see it in print. Well, that takes a whole 'nother level of coping that I haven't had in my emotional reserves. One step at a time... This morning though I will have to acknowledge things head on, I will have no choice. With this acknowledgement, I think I'll be ready to post about everything. At least I think so, we'll see.

The girls will be arriving tonight with V. to stay through Christmas morning. Tomorrow V. is going to take all 3 of them shopping for me so I'll have some alone time for myself. Probably not for a long period of time but it'll be something. I need to get to the gym tomorrow since it's been crowded out this week (except Tuesday) by things that needed to happen before Christmas.

I'm looking forward to Christmas, the day after Christmas when V. and I will open our presents to each other, and have a date night to ourselves. Then next week we'll be off to Idyllwild for our get away and I am looking forward to it as it gets closer. We have so many good, funny memories of past trips that we reminisce about on the trip up, trips before and after I. I remember that first trip with I. She was all of a month and a half. I remember running between her room and our room 3 times a night to nurse her. I was tired but made it through the day by the sheer joy and wonder of having her. Beautiful memories. This year, I think I. and I will take a hike each afternoon and discover things. Our cabin is supposed to be near one of the famous hiking trails so that should work out nicely. Spending time relaxing and discovering with I. and then evenings spending time relaxing and hanging out with V. Life doesn't get better than that.

No comments: