Sunday, April 25, 2010

Two in A Row - Can You Believe It?

Weekend 2 of masquarading as a semi-normal family. I didn't have time to post yesterday morning because we had tickets to the morning Elmo show. I. sat there intently focused on the show the whole time and V. and I enjoyed watching her face throughout the show. The show itself was really well done. The Sesame Street shows of our day would not be tolerated these days even though we loved them back in the day. These days even the Sesame Street shows have a Cirque de Soleil/Las Vegas production feel to it. I guess with all the competition on the television, in the movies, and on the Web, they felt they had to step it up a notch to keep the kids impressed. Sad, but that's reality.

We enjoyed lunch in Old Town and then went in search of a refrigerator. I am SO behind the curve on this rebate subject but am determined not to miss the boat. I've been saying for 2 years that our refrigerator is too small. With the amount of food that I. eats and the millions of little containers full of leftovers for her future meals, the refrigerator is so crowded. Things get pushed to the back of the refrigerator never to be seen again until I peer all the way back there and see something indescribeable and typically green. And don't even get me started on the freezer - it's small and inefficient with just 2 shelves. With the rebate, we could get exactly what we need for 51% less. Yesterday, we had no luck so I'm off this afternoon to see if I can have some success. Hopefully, V. will play a little with I. while I am gone since that continues to be a problem. I'm not going to comment on that right now though.

Yesterday was really nice, today not as much due to various things. Who knows, maybe we will pull it out by the end of the day. There's always hope, right?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

So glad to hear that yesterday and the Elmo Show was so special. There is nothing like seeing something through the eyes of a child!