Friday, April 23, 2010

Surprise Visitor

No, it's not good ole Aunt Flo though I know the title sounded like it. Come to think of that, that's a whole 'nother story. Anyways, when we called V. yesterday around 3:30, the background noise it sounded like he was at the airport. Bingo! He forgot until he got an automated reminder that he was coming home Thursday night instead of Friday night. He got in around 9, we watched some American Idol and I had a man sleeping in my bed. With his travelling schedule the last 2+ years, it feels like MY bed instead of our bed.

Today should be a productive day and better yet, I won't be the one doing the labor. The handyman is coming, the handyman is coming. All I had to do is make a list in order of importance of what needs to be done. The first thing on that doggone list is fixing our bedroom door so that it will close properly and I won't have to barricade that stupid thing against the cats every stinking night. Looking forward to simply closing the door tonight and going to bed...it's the simple things in life.

No comments: