Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Random Wednesday Morning Thoughts

Yesterday turned out to be a good day, an exceptional day in some ways. First, let it be said that I. got good sleep the night before which always bodes well the next day. Which is why I am such a sleep nazi. Yeah, that's right I said it. I am very protective of her sleep because the next day I will be dealing with either the Angel I. or the Devil I. Let's look at some of the differences:

Angel I. rolls with the punches, is cheerful, happy, funny, does not talk back, whines very little, makes things for her mommy all morning, gives physical and verbal affection to her mommy all day, cleans her room all by herself without any prompting from me just to make her mommy smile!

Devil I. doesn't want to do anything we have planned for the day and verbally lets me know, talks back about everything under the sun, has a negative, bad attitude, throws tantrums, and when she is really out of control angry at me has been known to spit in my face.

Need I explain more as to why one of my top 3 daily priorities is getting I. in bed on time? So for all the people around me who shake their heads, roll their eyes, and wonder aloud how I am depriving I. of organized activities in the late afternoon - BITE ME! I suspect that getting spat at in her face would cure all your head shaking real quick!

Back to my original point of how I.'s good night of sleep led to an exceptional day...we went to the Wild Animal Park and had a great time together. Beautiful, cool weather, we walked (well I walked, she rode) and talked as we had lunch, fed the lorikeets and deer, saw the baby elephant born the night before, and enjoyed the butterfly exhibit. Even with all that fun, it was a productive day complete with grocery store shopping and getting all the laundry folded and away instead of it sitting in the basket taunting me for several days.

Good thing it was a relaxing day yesterday because today is a "balls to the wall" kind of day as I delicately put it. Run to the gym this morning, get home, make lunch, get I. to preschool, go directly to physical therapy, make a business call in the car before picking I. up, then to the chiropractor (I'm old okay?), home to make I.'s dinner, bath, bed, and then the big C-O-L-L-A-P-S-E.

At least I know that dinner is taken care of since I'm eating through the leftovers in the fridge and freezer. I know that doesn't sound particularly appetizing but they all taste good, I don't have to cook anything, and I'm making room in the fridge and freezer. Plus, think of all that money I'm saving. Almost pays for the Absolut bottles in the freezer....

No comments: