Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happiness Is...

...getting to sleep in 'til and 8:30am.

...looking over at the couch and seeing I. snuggling up to V. while she watches Miss Spider's SunnyPatch.

...knowing that today is an empty slate for us to write upon. The girls aren't coming down so V. doesn't have to be driving either mornings.

...talking to V. about just staying home until our early 3pm dinner and getting those pesky house things done (ie. cleaning off the patio, cleaning the ceiling fan). It just feels like what normal family life should look like to me and I certainly don't get that enough.

...having lots of ripe bananas to make some yummy banana bread.

...I. falling asleep within 5 minutes after I put her to bed last night. That means she got 13 hours of sleep which usually translates into a smooth day.

...watching I. torture V. with all the evil things she thinks up. For instance, what could be better than grinding your chin into the top of Daddy's head? An ear lick, maybe? It's like a one two punch.

...the coffee V. makes for me. I try and try all week to replicate it but just can't quite get it. His coffee is perfect - full of flavor but not too strong.

That's it for today. I've got to get things moving along or I. will start getting funky and V. will start getting even more sleepy than he already is. On the weekends, I seem to have an additional job added to my job description, that of a facilitator. A weekend facilitator because if there wasn't, it would be Sunday evening and we'd be sitting there going, "Where did the weekend go? We didn't do anything and didn't get anything done and now it's back to the workweek." It's an important job, the weekend facilitator - don't you ever forget it!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

If everyone could find happiness in these kind of meaningful, everyday happenings, there would be a lot more happiness in the world. Thanks for sharing.