Sunday, April 18, 2010

Masquerading As a Semi-Normal Family

Yesterday we almost appeared like a normal family for the first time in 2 years. I added "semi" because we all are a little strange. I. went out on the patio and helped V. with cleaning it off which gave me a chance to do 3 tasks that have been hanging around for 6-9 months. Those little tasks that slowly accumulate but by the end of the day, you just don't have it in you to do them. Well, I finally did and it feels great. After resttime, we went out for our early dinner and that was fun too. Unfortunately due to the ice cream I. had for dessert, she had a hard time settling down and didn't fall asleep until 1.5 hours later. I can already see the difference in attitude but hopefully things should be okay today.

Now we're getting ready to go to the gym after a yummy breakfast of buckwheat pancakes and eggs. V. actually played a game with I. this morning and after resttime, I. and I will be making some banana bread to use up those ugly bananas on the counter. Sounds like another semi-normal family day in the making; we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You sound happy again. I hope it held throughout the day.