Saturday, June 12, 2010

Making It Feel Like Saturday

The name of the game today is to make it feel like a Saturday instead of just another weekday which happens when V. is out of town on the weekend. Unconsciously (literally) I kicked things off by sleeping until 8:10 and actually got away with it. Thank goodness for those 15 books in I.'s bed and her imagination with the 30 stuffed animals because it got me some extra sleep. Makes that pain in the butt daily arranging of her bed worth it for once.

I tried at breakfast to make it feel like a weekend by asking I. if she wanted pancakes for breakfast to which she responded, "No, I want oat bran." I'd like to know how many 4 year olds have uttered that sentence. It's so true what they say about children mirroring what their parents eat, act, and say. So I guess I'm doing good in the eating area because now she prefers oatmeal (unsweetened), oat bran, and "white eggs". "White eggs" is what she calls egg whites which is what I supplement my breakfast and lunch. I usually try to sneak one yolk in her's just for some staying power. When you have a kid who is hungry literally every hour (and that's after 3 huge meals), every bite is all about staying power or I'd be in the kitchen fixing food round the clock. And she's still this lean, mean feisty machine despite the amount of food she consumes. Oh to have her metabolism!

This afternoon we'll be off to our early dinner to be taken care of by "Baby", our favorite waiter. We don't even order, he knows what we want and sometimes has the table set up with drinks and chips before we even hit the door. When V. is not here, that extra care is soothing to me and makes me feel a little less lonely.

Now it's off to the gym to try to burn some of those anticipated dinner calories. Hopefully I'll have more energy after I. goes to bed than I had last night because I have a lot of client work I need to work on. I'm sure that margarita at dinner tonight will help with energy and inspiration - NOT!

No comments: