Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Boob Pannini

I got a pleasant surprise yesterday. Usually when you have to have some womanly test, it's much worse than they say and the humiliation factor is high. My mammogram was fast, uncomfortable at its worst, and conducted in a scientific way so it kept the humiliation factor down to a minimum. Beforehand, the technician asked if I knew anything about what was going to take place and I replied with a straight face, "You're going to make a pannini sandwich out of my boobs." Bet she never heard that one!

I still don't feel old enough to be having a mammogram. Maybe because I was 20 years old when my mom had to have hers so it seemed like it was an "older" woman's kind of test. Ah the viewpoint of a 20 year old, gotta love it. I don't know, it just seems like I just got done nursing with these boobs and now they're getting the "older" woman's test. It doesn't seem right. And yes, I'm joking (well kind of) because I know women get breast cancer in their 20s and 30s and would have run not walk to get a mammogram if they had only known.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like pesto on my paninis - you? (Suz :-)