Monday, September 27, 2010

My Bizarre Mind

We had a good time with my parents today and all of it was a big surprise to I. We met them for lunch and a movie and then wandered around Barnes and Noble, a kind of preparation for my dad started work at Borders next Monday. I'm trying not to be sad about this because I know he needs the work and money but this job will not allow him the flexibility his last job had. So this was the last time we would get to spend time with him outside of birthdays and holidays until he retires. I'm not being very successful with not getting upset about this but I try to be thankful of the fact that I, as the oldest child by a whole lot of years, and I., as the only grandchild, will have gotten the gift of enjoying my parents' company the longest. Not that it's a competition, it's more a function of being appreciative of their time and attention and she and I are nothing if not that.

Back to my bizarre mind...my dad kept talking about this game he's been looking for that they used to have but can't find. He said the name at least 3 or 4 times but it didn't strike a chord with me. But then as I. was eating her dinner and I was preemptively setting up coffee for tomorrow's breakfast, a picture flashed in my head of a game that was in our closet. A game I remember my mother giving to us probably 6 years ago to take with us on a vacation but I couldn't remember the name of it. So I went to the game closet and sure enough the name wasn't exactly what my dad was saying but it was pretty darn close and the fact that my mom had let us "borrow" it pretty well convinced me that this was the game my dad had been talking about. I called their cell phones to no avail so proceeded getting I. in bed and jumped in the shower.

I've always said that some of my best thinking is done in the shower or on the treadmill so true to form, I thought, "I'll just send him a picture of it in an email and find out if this is the game." Then I started chuckling to myself thinking "I have his game and he wants it" which made me think of a kidnapping angle, which led to this visual ransom note completed with a blindfold and gag:



Needless to say, my parents just called me after seeing this, howling with laughter which sent me into chuckling all over again. It's good to know that the sicko, bizarre part of my mind is still alive and well and ready to come out and play.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Funny. Very funny! It's good to know your humor still comes out!