Monday, September 20, 2010

Vegas Recap

So here's kicking off the Vegas post. I may just let the pictures do most of the talking...
Our room at the Venetian in the newer Venezia Tower was great once you got to it. We got a special check-in which was great on a Friday night though hiking through the maze of corridors and elevators was challenging, especially depending upon how many adult beverages had been consumed.


I bought this dress for a No Doubt concert last summer that happened 2 weeks after Mark died. I actually bought it at the same time that I bought my funeral dress but was trying to get me in the mood for a concert. Under the circumstances, it was hard to own it then but I wanted to wear it as many times as possible before I couldn't. Critical as always, I'm not 100% happy but I can see benefits of the gym and honestly, I think I look pretty good for 40 au naturale. This was our night using our free Phantom tickets. It was pretty awesome and did I mention free? Can't beat that deal!



We discovered this place down in the St. Mark's Square shops that serves margaritas by the yard. Don't ask me if it's in the Venetian or the Palazzo 'cause I don't know. It's somewhere in between. If you can't find it, just look for people carrying these obscene things and they'll be glad to tell ya.


This is the view from a semi-private whirpool spa that we scored on our last day. The Venetian providing shade as we read, relaxed, and yes, drank.


This is a picture of the elusive "relaxed Valdezzi" in his vacation habitat. He's not seen often but when spotted, he's easily identified. Note the relaxed air and the slight smile which replaces the usual camera-snarl.

Yes, it was a good vacation. As always the only strife was caused by V.'s work. Before we could even fly out on Friday afternoon, he was notified of a 8 am. phone call on Saturday morning, which the morning of got changed to 7 am. At least his boss (who used to be my boss) had the sense to tell V. to apologize to me and charge breakfast to the company which I insisted we did. I guess he remembered that $1500.00 Christmas party I expensed for 20 employees and didn't want to risk my wrath. If only he knew the other stuff I did anonymously... Then there was the 5 pm. Sunday evening phone call that V. actually missed and a good thing he did since it caused a marital broohaha.
But it was good and it capped off 10 days of being together which is a rarity in our world. We enjoyed each other's company immensely, reconnected, and remembered why we are each other's favorite company and perfect companion.

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last paragraph was what I was really hoping for, for you two. I'm glad you had a good time! I hope all is well since you[ve been home.