Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Week Itinerary

I can't believe it's already Wednesday - this week has gone by so quickly. V. has been on furlough (translation: no pay) this week but he's gone so much that I'll take him however I can get him even if it means minus a paycheck.

We've had some fun since the disastrous Labor Day horse races on Monday and got some necessary things taken care of too. A good week for balance.

Tuesday we kicked things off with I.'s first day of preschool (2.5 hrs.) and then straight to my therapist appointment. First one without I. in awhile and since V. was home, he got dragged there for a joint session. With all the time we spend apart and the parenting challenges of the last three months, we needed to go. Even though it was like pulling teeth at times, we walked out feeling better and I have been able to see the benefits of the visit. I've been giving room to him and I. and he's been taking a step forward with her and it's been really good. I just wish he was here more so that we could continue this forward momentum. I should mention that we had about 45 minutes before we had to pick up I. from preschool when we got out of session. Not really enough time to go home and relax so V. suggested we head to El Torito for Happy Hour because they start at 2pm. Pretty pathetic! First I scoffed, then I said we don't have enough time to get to the Mira Mesa one, and then I said, "Oh, but wait - there's one in RB right off the freeway." Didn't take much convincing, I'm ashamed to say. So off we headed for happy hour margaritas. Talk about doing something completely out of the norm! I'd like to say I was ashamed of myself as I pulled into the parking lot to pick up I. from the first day of her preschool, which just happens to be affiliated with a church. You'd never guess I graduated from a Christian high school, huh? Let me just say that if you went to a Christian high school, you probably wouldn't be that surprised.

Today was the gym for my Wednesday morning phone conversation with my mom (and dad this week) and then off to take I. to school. V. and I did a couple of errands together (another oddity), relaxed, and then he went to get I. from school while I cleaned the cat room and went to the chiropractor. We had a BBQ dinner outside on the patio today while enjoying the fall-ish weather. I really loved today's weather.

Tomorrow, I'm playing it by ear once we take I. to school. Today was a boring post but I wanted to document my odd week of sorts. Friday we leave for Vegas so that I can have my official time off work and I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad to hear the after effects of Tues appt were positive and I am super praying for a great time in Vegas. Both of you deserve the R & R and other things of course!