Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 28 Through 31

Sunday was day 28th and was different from a regular Sunday in that we went and looked at 2 houses with our realtor.  "We" being V., I and the kiddos.  First time he's looked with us.  It felt different in a good way like we were investing in our life together with kids.  Last time we were looking it was just the two of us, though with a bun in the oven almost ready to come out.  However, until you have an actual kid, it's still basically just the two of you.

Monday was swim class for me and the kiddos which we enjoyed and errands in the afternoon in preparation for our trip.  Later on that night, I texted something to my brother and it turns out he was handling a girlfriend crisis so I asked him if he wanted to talk before she got there and we ended up talking for awhile.  After I hung up with him, I went in to do a final check on the kids and D. jumped up for some reason so I took him into my room for a minute because I didn't want to just close the door and leave him.  I ended up crawling in bed with him snuggled up against my bare skin and he relaxed and fell back asleep.  It took me right back to when I would nurse him around 5am, lying in bed skin on skin.  It was just wonderful to inhale the scent of his head and feel the soft curls of his hair against my cheek.  I enjoyed it for about an hour until it was almost midnight and then put him back down in his crib.  I love how he completely relaxes when I hold his cheek to my bare skin.  It's such a special thing.

Tuesday we were supposed to do something with Melissa and Caroline in the morning but they had to cancel so we got a few more things done that we needed to do with a Baskin Robbins scoop of ice cream thrown in to sweeten the deal.  My parents were supposed to be here at 1:45 but showed up at 3:00.  Made for a hectic time and kind of stressful but oh well.  One day closer to vacation.

Wednesday, day 31 - there's a major fire going on right around Palm Desert.  We'll have to check the roads tomorrow to see if we can even take our normal route.  I'm hoping the air quality isn't too bad - I hear conflicting stories so it's hard to know.  All I do know is that I am ready to get away.  The house is going on the market on Monday so not only am I trying to pack everything for our week in Palm Desert, I'm also trying to get this house in tip top shape to get good offers PLUS trying to pre-plan for our New York City trip that happens as soon as we walk in the door from Palm Desert.  My brain is going a mile a minute but hopefully I can catch my breath (and not an ash filled one either) while we're in Palm Desert.  Hoping that everything goes smoothly.

The last 2 days, I've texted my brother to see how he's doing.  No response until this morning and then he texts me that he feels like we have no relationship any more and that we never talk except at family functions and that his girlfriend and her sisters speak much more often if only by text than we do and that it sucks.  Plus some other bummer stuff.  So I text him back that he's always so busy and so I don't call because I don't know his schedule and it's hard with little kids around too.  Why doesn't he let me know when typically is a good time of day to call?  No response all day long.  Typical too because when I have texted him, it takes a few days for him to even response if at all.  Bums me out that he uses his girlfriend as an example of how to have a good relationship with siblings considering her latest.  I may send him a text later on pointing out that it takes two to communicate and that this lack of response has been a common occurrence though I didn't take it personally, I just figured he was really busy.  We'll see.

No comments: