Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 15 & 16

Yesterday after D. got up from morning nap, the kiddos and I went and looked at 4 houses that were for sale with the realtor.  I. had very particular observations and critiques for each one and she really got me laughing because she is even more particular about houses than I am!  Her comments were very specific and many of them quite logical.  A good sign was that at the very end she said the only house she liked was the first one which was the only one I liked too.

Today we went down to the pol for a couple of hours and Melissa and Caroline were able to come hang out for a little while as well.  As it turned out, both of us were dealing with family disagreements and drama so we were able to get some of it out of our brains, support each other, and realize that we're not the only ones going through this.  But this unpleasantness is for a separate post because I don't want it to tarnish the good of my time with my kiddos.

I told I. that she has really been a pleasure to be around this summer and that we are really having a good summer with a lot more fun to look forward to.  She was pleased that I said that and I'm pleased that she really has been acting some cheerful, helpful, positive, and fun to be around.  D. and her have been having so much goofy fun together and I have been more goofy myself with them and relaxed.  This summer compared to last summer is like night and day and that makes me so happy.

No comments: