Saturday, July 13, 2013

Days 24 Through 27

Wednesday was day 24 and while I. was at camp, D. and I went looking at some houses with our realtor friend.  Luckily a couple were vacant and he enjoyed running around them turning fans and lights on and off and opening doors.  She and I were able to discuss my thoughts on putting our house on the market before we left on vacation as she had suggested.  Her reasons were good ones, logical ones and connected with my mind.  However, this decision is still a little like jumping off a cliff thanks to a hot market and there is a real possibility that we sell our house before we've found a suitable replacement.  That being said, the interest rates are going up as are the prices and summer is flying by so unless I want to miss an opportunity to have a yard, I need to list the house.  I was waiting to feel that feeling of "now is the time" but I realized that my risk-averse temperament is not going to ever get me there.  I feel like my intuition will clue me into the right property to move into - I just hope it gets listed when we are out there fervently looking.

Thursday I., D. and I went to the library and then attempted to feed the ducks at the pond.  The cooler weather cooperated, unfortunately the ducks were MIA.  Will have to try again.  I was lucky to get a babysitter for an hour or so in the afternoon so that I could keep my dentist appointment.  God knows my parents could not have helped me out on this with everything going on.  Got a few texts from my dad on the day he was spending with my bitch of a sister  - got me mad all over again but able to hold it together better.

Friday I. went to camp to have fun at Nickel City and see Monsters University movie.  I had to talk to my mom and it seems like my "refusal" to move to North County has been forgotten due to my sister and my brother's girlfriend situation.  I'll take it.  Talked to my mom for about 1.5 hours.  She spent about 30 minutes on my sister until I told her I was getting really pissed off and that we needed to change the topic.  My sister threw a tantrum with my dad whose blood pressure is through the roof the last few days after he spent the entire day carting her around to doctor's appointments and meeting with her "assessor" who is a douche version of a probation officer.  He doesn't care that she did drugs the first day she was out of jail.  All he asked was what her drug of choice was - and how is that helpful?  Bottom line was that she threw a tantrum, grabbed my dad's phone and sunglasses and threw them out of the car into the parking lot while she called him every vile name in the book, cussing him out.  So he left her to sleep in the bushes and as of 11:30 today while I was talking to my mom, he was still around the house so that was good.  I told them that I think they should get a restraining order against her so that if she tries to contact them, she can get sent to jail because that is where she belongs if she's going to be a drug addict and abusive.  My mom agreed but who knows.  All I know is I'm tired of the topic and I can't wait until our vacation when I can go into hibernation mode - just me, V. , my kiddos, fun, and reading.  Lots of reading.  I have so many magazines that I have backed up on that I am going to be reading out there on the patio in 80 degree weather at night, drinking my adult beverage and looking at the golf course.  Okay, enough dreaming....

Today, Saturday, the older girls came for a visit and we enjoyed it although they got here late.  I let the kids go to bed later so they could spend more time with the girls.  It was a good visit.  Tomorrow afternoon, our realtor is coming over to sign the listing papers and then we are going to look at 2 houses (including V. for the first time).  If we list before we go, we don't have to wait until we get back and they can show the house for about 10 days without me having to tidy up every room after the kiddos.  That is a big benefit.  However, if our house does sell quickly (which I have a feeling it will), it means when we get back from Palm Desert/New York, we have to seriously find a place to move into.  Stress but also excitement - conflicting emotions, I don't do so well with that.

No comments: