Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 18 & 19

It went better than expected probably because D. was acting just like he did at Caroline's party and I had my hands and arms full literally and figuratively.  Also, my parents did not make comments about allowing I. to stay up late.  I did let her stay up later so that she could have cake and ice cream and she didn't go to bed until 6:45, an hour and a half later.  She was so exhausted that her eyes were burning and both kiddos were asleep within 5 minutes of going to bed.  But only time will tell because often when I think things are okay, all of a sudden they are not.

Because we got home so late and went to bed late, I slept until almost 9 which is unheard of the last couple of years.  It was so nice to discuss the paper with V., leisurely get ready and then get some things done around the house.  I even squeezed a massage in there before V. and I went to an matinee and then for happy hour with margaritas and tacos.  When we got home, we went down to the Jacuzzi for a half an hour or so and now we are kicking back watching a movie.  Wow.  It's been a long time since we've had a day like today at home and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tomorrow we are going to be picking the kiddos up from my parents around 2:30.  We'll see what we can fit in before then.

No comments: