Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Days 53-65

I'm so behind on posting for the last couple of weeks.  There's been a lot of good going on but unfortunately a lot of bad health ju-ju going on around us as well.

I think I'll just do a summary of the good stuff because there was a lot of it.  We had D.'s birthday party and it was fun for him except for the fact that he didn't take his usual nap in the morning and so was pretty fried by the time I brought my homemade birthday cake out.  His sisters came down so  that made it special.  V. did a big time disconnect in the middle of the party which really pissed me off and I had to hash it out with him at a later date.  So that was kind of a bummer and also things were so hectic that I didn't even get a picture with my birthday boy which to me was the most upsetting thing.  But he had fun and understood presents and toys and unwrapping and that was really fun to see.

We've had plenty of swim classes to enjoy, a beach day, a relaxing playdate with Melissa at her house and a few last days of summer camp at I.'s school.  We've looked at plenty of houses in anticipation for our house someday reentering escrow. 

Unfortunately I have been feeling anxious this week because my dad's health situation still has not been resolved and I feel as though it's a ticking time bomb.  My parents just don't want to deal with health situations until they absolutely have to and it really angers me.  I don't know what they are waiting for.  But they rely on longtime doctors who are not really reliable and they don't follow up to make sure they are doing their jobs.  Is there anything more important than that?  And my FIL of course being basically terminally ill with bone cancer.  It just makes me so sad.  On top of that, Melissa was supposed to come over on Tuesday for her birthday celebration but her mom ended up in the ER and I told Melissa to just bring Caroline over here since her hubby was unavailable until 1ish.  That was stressful since they have never left Caroline with anyone other than her mom but I was happy to help so that she could get to her mom's side.  But it was stressful and exhausting.

It just feels like I'm surrounded by chaos and uncertainty and it makes my anxiety rise substantially.  Hopefully I'll find a way to cope better with all these things that are swirling around and out of my control.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi,
Just catching up on reading your blogs. So many things to pray about along with you, especially your dad, V's dad and the house situation. Looking forward to catching up in person!
Cheryl