Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day 66

How bad can a day be if you spend 3 hours of it in a bathing suit?  Answer is not that bad.  I took the kiddos to LEGOLAND Waterpark.  D. and I snuck in a visit before I. was out of school to check it out and see if I would be able to do it successfully with both of them.  We went down a small slide all together at least 30 times and overall had a good time.  Towards the end, D. lost all reason and threw a full scale tantrum but it didn't last that long and since he's 2, I fully expected it.  If it had been I., it would have been a different story.  But we all enjoyed the slide time and had fun so that is a good day.

Today my dad was able to get to a doctor that I found online who was finally willing to take action and do something to solve his medical problem.  They took a pint of blood out this morning and my dad said that his brain already felt better.  They will take 3 more pints over the next 4 weeks so hopefully that issue will be resolved.

He and my mom are up in Laguna Beach at the Pageant of the Masters tonight and V. is in Park City, Utah enjoying a big dinner celebration for his new client.  I have to admit that I had a moment of loneliness and self pity that I'm here as always on the couch with no one to talk to and all my friends and family are either out and about or home with loved ones.  Speaking of that, I'm still trying to nail down actual lunch dates with my brother but it is SO difficult.  Makes it hard to not just screw this and give up but then somehow I'll be the bad guy.  Why does it seem that I always seem to be the one held most responsible for everything even if others don't uphold their 50% of the deal?

Pisses me off I tell you.

No comments: