Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

I'm trying to get psyched up for today but it's a little difficult. Today is going to be a LONG day over at my parents' house because today is not only the 4th of July which means a bbq and fireworks at 9pm (God help me) but we also celebrate my brother's birthday. This year though he already opened his presents from my parents so not to be scrutinized by my sister so all he has left are our few presents and anything my sister gets him (bought by my mother of course). So we're going to get there at 1:30 and be there until about 9:45. That is a long day, especially with possible drama. Ugh!

There is a possibility that my sister will be bringing some dude that she discovered online. Not someone that she was matched with but just some random guy that she started a conversation with. He asked her out for 2 nights in a row without even having met her which is strange. He's 32 with 2 little kids that live with him Monday-Thursday. This is obviously not the right guy since my sister doesn't like to compete with a guy's jobs, hobbies, sports, television shows, and most of all children. The only possible good side to the dude being there is that she might act more normal since for God's sake, she only met him Thursday night. I just hope he's not weird like the last dude she brought to 4th of July a couple of years ago but how could he possibly not be weird if he's with her?

On days like today, I just hope for the best - no fights, no bitchy dramas, that it goes by quickly, that there is some element of fun, and that I. sleeps through the fireworks.

No comments: