Friday, November 20, 2009

Today WILL Be a Better Day

I woke up this morning and thought to myself,"Today will be a better day!". It has nothing to do with determination or positive thinking though. It has to do with the fact that my ex-therapist, now good friend, facebooked me earlier this week to see if we could go for a walk today. I. doesn't have school today so I thought we could go to the zoo so I. would have plenty to look at while my friend and I talk. Even though we are just friends now as opposed to therapist-patient, she still has all those great listening qualities and has retained the ability to translate what I am saying into something that actually makes sense (carried over from our past sessions). Best of all, she has a wickedly sick sense of humor that calls out to my own sick humor. One of her infamous therapist comments to me was "You're a man trapped in a woman's body!" due to my unique way of looking at things. Whenever we are together, there is usually a lot of laughter involved.

And boy, could I use A LOT of that right now.

No comments: