Friday, November 20, 2009

A Really Nice Day

Tonight I'm tired but because of a good day for a change. I went to the Zoo with my friend Kathy and I. and we had a really nice time. We were able to have adult conversation in between looking at the animals and paying attention to I. It was so nice to have some adult fun, enjoy the fall weather, and watch I. having fun. Even the adult fun turned silly as predicted:


It was comforting to me to be with someone who I have shared history with over the last 9+ years. While I was taking a shower tonight and reflecting on the day, it also struck me that this is a friend who WOULD be there supporting me if I got cancer like I was for Mark. That's been one of the things that I've been struggling with/saddened by. I have very few really close friends and I'm still not confident that V. would be all that supportive so it's a fear I have that if something happened to me, I would be very much alone. But, today I realized, Kathy would be there for me and that helps.

No comments: