Thursday, November 19, 2009

Overwhelmed and A Little Depressed

This morning was one of the worst mornings I've had in recent memory. I woke this morning to the discovery that one of the cats had filled their stomach with dry food and then chewed on a balloon ribbon which caused he/she to barf up copious amounts of food in 4 different sections of the living room carpet. I cleaned that up after I fed the cats during which time the parrot dumped his entire bowl of food on the ground and with it being tile, the food travelled everywhere.

After the girl cat ate all her food, she started licking her lips, a sure sign that she's going to throw up, so I put her in a bathroom with easy to clean up flooring for 45 minutes. She appeared fine after that so I let her out and started preparing I.'s breakfast when all of a sudden I hear the same cat yowling, meaning "I'm going to throw up NOW!" I run up the stairs, grab her and as I am running to the bathroom she projectile vomits ALL the food all over the carpet upstairs. I used every rag I had left plus tons of cleaner but I think the carpet is permanently stained. I need to get a carpet cleaner in here if there is going to be any hope so just add that to my growing list of things that need to be done.

On top of this, as I was picking up warm, wet dry food and disgusting wet food off and out of the carpet with toliet paper, I asked I. to go downstairs and bring the bottle of cleaner up to me. She snottily responded as she went down the stairs, "I'm not going to do that at all!" Needless to say, that pissed me off so I followed her downstairs, informed her that she was not to speak to me that way and that if she wasn't going to help me at all, she wasn't going to sit down here watching her tv program either - off went the tv. So I proceeded cleaning up the second barf session with a screaming, crying 4 yr. old downstairs. It's not even 9 a.m. yet. Oh and by the way, I found a piece of a leaf that this retarded cat had chewed off of a plant which is what made her throw up AGAIN.

Got us ready, head down the stairs to leave for the gym because God knows I've GOT to get out of this house, and can you believe it? Yep, it's another barf on the frickin living room carpet, this time with a small furball. Really? So I just sat down on the stairs with my head in my hands and held back tears because I am done. Done, done, done. Then I figured, "Well, the day has got nowhere to go but up.", cleaned up the barf, and went to the gym.

It did get better but I still feel so overwhelmed and honestly, a little depressed. So many things to take care of from deciding what to get people for Chistmas, ordering it online, scheduling a carpet cleaner, taking the car in for much needed tire balance and an oil change, juggling my many appts., household finance worries, and I.'s wishes that I attend certain things at school, etc. etc. etc.

All of this PLUS I have nothing (outside of good times with I.) to look forward to. I'm so conflicted about booking something in Idyllwild in case it's just I. and I who go because I think that will make V. feel more down over there. And Thanksgiving isn't looking too hopeful for him making it and neither is Christmas or New Year's. I don't cherish the thought of doing those alone - Christmas Eve and Day last year were depressing. I already know what that feels like so I'm not looking forward to that again especially since this year has been full of so much sadness and loss that is going to be magnified by V. not being here. Oh well, maybe the next 4 days will be better over in Saudi Arabia and he will make it home at least for Thanksgiving.

No comments: