Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Memories of Mark

After I took I. to school, I took myself out for a sushi lunch. Next week, I. does not have school so I won't get those breaks that I've been enjoying. Plus, I figured that it was cheaper to "treat" myself while she is in school since I don't have to pay a babysitter. So I enjoyed my sushi and magazine and then headed home to get a few things done and a short rest.

During the short rest, I heard UPS leave something at the door or rather I heard Hootie the parrot begin his best imitation of a very loud car alarm which he does when he sees someone approaching the door. It's actually kind of handy when you're upstairs and might be expecting someone/something at the door.

Anyways, I heard him and knew what it was. It was my Mark book that I made last week and it was here, specifically on my doorstep. Part of me wanted to go look at it but most of me knew that it was not a good idea because I was needing to leave in 10 minutes to pick I. up from school. Right before I left the house, I brought the package in and left it on the table which is where it is now. I'm going to open it now...

It's a beautiful book and I'm so glad I made it. I made it through without crying until our last 2 pictures. Those last 2 pictures just bring the last 5 days flooding back - the raw emotions, pain, the long agonizing journey to death. But again, it is a beautiful book though I WISH I had so many more photos to put in it and I'm so bummed that my wedding picture with Mark wouldn't scan adequately enough to include it. I just went and found 2 pictures from the reception with Mark and I in them so I attached them to the book and maybe I'll see if the wedding photographer (I don't even remember who it was) still has the digital file of that one photo so that I can enlarge and frame it. That would be awesome.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you made this memory book too. It is one of the ways through healthy grieving. Nothing can take your special memories away. They are yours hidden in your heart and mind. April you remain an amazing woman! C