Sunday, November 29, 2009

Deep Breaths

Today is the day before V. goes away for the longest period of time we've been apart. It's hard not to think of today that way, it just kept popping in my brain that way. This is the last night he'll give I. a bath, the last time he kisses her goodnight for bed, the last night we'll be watching football together, the last day we'll be together joking and teasing about all of our inside jokes (because unfortunately due to the time difference, the stress, and sadness of being apart, it's hard to capture that teasing over the phone).

I don't even know when he will be back because he doesn't even know but he is warning me that it will probably be the end of January, as in 2 months from now. Yeah, I know, military wives have it rougher but unless they're husbands signed up AFTER they got married, they knew what they were getting into. We didn't and I actively made a point of avoiding military, police, and firefighter because I wanted to have a normal life without long absences. So keeping that in mind, this last year has been quite ironic.

Getting tired now so will sign off. I'm sure I'll be back in the next couple of days with an update of sorts.

No comments: