Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Couple of Nights Off From Motherhood

I'm leaving in 5 minutes to meet Kathy, a good girlfriend of mine (see last week's post) to go downtown to eat and see the Seinfeld show at the Civic. I know we will have a great time because as stated previously, Kathy likes to laugh and usually brings out the feisty and sometimes raunchy side of me. You know, that side that you have to keep hidden when the kids are around.

The only sad part is that these Seinfeld tickets were an early Christmas gift to V. from my parents because V. is a rabid Seinfeld fan. So it is bittersweet that he isn't going to be enjoying it with me. Last night he was in such a bad mood (and it wasn't even 6:30am there yet) that all he said to me basically when he called was to ask if I had sent the check to the girls' mother so obviously she had taken the time to email him as to where was her money. Keep in mind, yesterday was only the 4th and she knows he's in Saudi Arabia so you know what, in my book that's being bitchy.

Will post more later about my evening off as a momma last night tomorrow when I'm back on momma duty.

No comments: