Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Great Afternoon!

Last night I attempted to put together the tricycle and did well until the last step and got stuck. So I sent a HELP text message to a good friend of mine who has put together a few trikes and he said he would come help me out. He came over during I.'s resttime and quickly got it finished. Just for the record, the instructions left out 3 crucial details that you would only know if you had already put one together. Thank goodness he was able and willing to help - what a great friend!

About 15 minutes after he left, the doorbell rang and I opened it to discover a beautiful array of flowers with a big teddy bear tied to the vase. The card read: "Pretty Lady/Daddy's Little Cutie, Merry Christmas! I miss you both. I will be home soon. Love, V./Daddy"


Wow! So he did get me something after all which makes me happy. I'm wondering if he was planning on it for awhile or if it was in response to something I did on Monday. No, no, it's not some evil plan. I borrowed a book about marriage and was reading it on Monday night. In it, they talk about how important "respect" is to a husband; it's what "love" is to a wife. They challenge you to communicate to your husband that you respect him and why - nothing long, just something simple. The author swears that you'll see a reaction from your husband.


Being that V. is 8300 miles away, I sent him an email telling him how much I respected the hard work, long hours, and personal sacrifice he is making without any real complaint which allows me to stay at home and raise our daughter full-time. He called a couple of hours later for our normal chat but didn't say anything and never acknowledged it via email either but I know he got it. So, I'm wondering if these flowers are that "reaction" the author was talking about or if it was planned before then.


I'll tell you one thing, I'M NOT ASKING! Because to ask is to jinx it, I just know it! I'll just look at my pretty Christmas flowers and smile...

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

This one made me all teary eyed. I know God wants things to be really good between you and V.
Cheryl