Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rough Day

I'm really want to get back to funny posts or deep thought posts or happy posts but today isn't going to be the day for that unfortunately. But stay tuned, I'm sure one is just around the corner.

It isn't that today has been the worst day, just not a particularly stellar one. First of all, despite 9 hours of sleep last night, I'm still dog tired. How can that be? Perhaps it's all the overthinking I've been doing lately and still trying to curb.

Secondly, I discovered today that something very personal that I told in confidence to someone was told to someone else. I know this because this person asked me about the topic. I know I didn't tell this person because of the fact that I knew SHE WOULD ASK ME ABOUT IT AND THEN SOME and guess what, I was right. 'Cause not only did she ask me about it, she had to ask an insensitive question to follow it up. Yeah, that makes me really happy I must say. It was probably just an innocent slipup on the part of the person I told but of course, this other person didn't miss the opportunity to needle me on it.

Thirdly, I just got a call back from Mark's wife Jodi as they are on their way to the hospital. Despite a blood transfusion yesterday, he is extremely lethargic, not thinking clearly, and has a new, intense pain in his abdomen. Scary stuff considering what he's battling. Jodi and I have agreed that on Friday I will visit him wherever he is - at home or in the hospital and she'll let me know what the doctors say as soon as she can. My heart feels heavy and frightened by this info but my head feels a little less crowded knowing that the plan for a Friday visit is securely in place. It's only taken almost 2 months to get this visit but Lord willing, we're on. I just pray that the cancer hasn't spread and that they can diagnose and get rid of/control this pain of his.

No comments: