Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Having Some Fun Now

I will update this post tonight but things are just getting better and better. Had to drive V. to the airport this morning and if my stomach wasn't bad enough already, the drive was like an obstacle course. Closed freeways, accidents, traffic, you name it. V. was stressed out about making his flight and I was stressed out that he was stressed out. By the time I dropped him off, my stomach was in agony. Thank God I went to the gym for a little while and that seemed to help a bit.

But then, Jodi called me because she needs some clothing items and a few other things from Mark's parents' house. And we all know how well things are between them, don't we? I also have a feeling, I'm viewed a little like being on the other side since I've been helping Jodi so that makes for a very uncomfortable situation. Anyways, I called over there and talked briefly, as in VERY briefly, with Mark's dad and call me crazy, the reception seemed a wee bit cold. Part of that pisses me off because this situation is of their doing primarily. It certainly isn't my fault. So I'm going over there with a list and I. in 30 minutes and hoping that it doesn't turn into a bad, uncomfortable situation. I just want everything to be nice for Mark, bottom line and if they say or ask me anything, that's what I'm going to say because really, that should be what everyone is working toward at this point. Will update tonight...

UPDATE: So it wasn't too bad over there most likely due to a comment I made on Thursday when the family seemed surprised that Jodi asked me to be the one to go with her to the mortuary and cemetary after Mark died. I told his family that Mark had asked me months ago to promise him that I would help Jodi with things after he died and that was what I was doing. Today when I showed up at his parents' house to get Jodi's things, I gave both of them hugs and everything seemed somewhat okay. When I went to leave, his mom said, "I bet when Mark asked you to help in this process you never thought it would be like this." I sa d, "Yeah, that's true but I'd do anything for him. My main goal is to make sure that the service is how Mark deserves and would like." I really believe in my heart that they just don't understand why Jodi is so hurt and mad though it seems painfully obvious. That's really a tragedy because that means Jodi is in pain, his family is in pain, and I'm in pain as a third person witnessing Mark's family imploding at this volatile time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just tried to give you a call to let you know I am thinking about you. It doesn't much matter what happens these days it ends up with unexpected stress. Huh? I'm hoping Mark's parents come to their senses. I can't imagine anyone not putting it all aside and focus on the priorities--namely honoring Mark. I'll look for your next blog later tonight. Cheryl