Friday, August 13, 2010

Relaxed Day

Yesterday I finished a great book by Jim Moret called, "The Last Day of My Life". I picked it up at the library a few weeks ago to help me gain perspective from the daily grind. By the time I finished it yesterday, I was convinced that I needed to send this book to my dad immediately. Thanks to Amazon, he'll get it Monday. Not only was the message right on to what he is going through right now, it's written by a man who is so similar to my dad that it's downright scary. After I finished it, I couldn't help but write an email to the author and tell him this. The author kept saying throughout the book "There are no accidents" when it comes to things happening to him during his life when they did. It was no accident that this book came into my hands right before my dad lost his job, I just know it.



I'm taking a day off from the gym today and am hoping for a less hectic day. The last two days have been one thing after another and physically tiring, lugging bags of library books followed by lugging $200 worth of groceries up two flights of stairs. I swear I'm part mother, part pack mule. Anyways since it appears that my daughter this summer has been replaced by a long limbed filly resulting in pants and long sleeved shirts being at least 1-2" too short, we're going to head to Children's Place and see what fantastic deals can be found. I've bribed I. with lunch at the mall because she hates shopping even more than I (which is pretty amazing considering how much I dislike shopping). Then I'm aiming for a rest time this afternoon followed by playing at home before the push for bedtime.

V. got home last night so there's a chance he may be home for bath time. I'm not sure if that's a good thing because things get so out of control when he's home for bath time. The running away, screeching, and screaming - yeah, it's a fun routine between V. and I. but I. doesn't know when to stop and then V. just gets frustrated and I get irritated with him because he's the one who has cultivated it for the last two years and thought it was funny all that time. Now two years later, it's not so much fun chasing and lugging 40 pounds into the bath, is it? And who's fault is that? Mine? No, I don't think so because when it's just me and I., she gets in the bathtub nicely, no screeching, no screaming because I never encouraged that routine. Like I said before, I'm not sure if it's a good thing. The only way it would completely be a good thing is if I wasn't there to see it; then it would be fine, have at it, knock yourselves out.

On to the day though, no reason to think about bath time now.

No comments: