Friday, August 20, 2010

Hopeful?

After Wednesday's disastrous beginning, things have been a little better maybe because I got a couple of hours of solitude during two of those days. I wanted to surprise V. when he comes home with some new clothes so I found a drop-off place where the kids play and you can go and do. So I went and did, just for a short time but it was still a nice break and there would have been no way I could have shopped so efficiently with her at that store.

Yesterday, we headed back up to my parents' house so that I could go to lunch with my little bro and I. could have lunch and play with my parents for a short time. So there was another couple of hours I just got to be me, a human female instead of "Momma". Not that I don't like Momma, I do. It's just that I desperately need to be something else for just a couple of hours a month (really more like every week but I'll have that when school starts).

I. has been acting better as her cough gets better. She never said that she wasn't feeling well but with her nose running for a week and a cough the last 4 days, she couldn't have been feeling in top shape. Just like sleep, she is hypersensitive to illness as far as how it affects her behavior. Maybe next week we'll have a "normal" week of regular sleep and no illness and then I'll see what her behavior is like. Maybe things aren't as disastrous and they've seemed the last month. I can only hope.

No comments: