Thursday, September 3, 2009

You've Got to Be Kidding Me

I went onto my Momma's message board and guess what? There were posts from all 3 of the organizers saying they were leaving the group, thus rendering it defunct as of February, when the dues ran out. Are you fucking kidding me?

Last night, I just finished synching our calendar for the next 2 months with all the events with this Momma's group just in time to find out that they are all gone and the rug has now been effectively pulled out from underneath us. Just add this to all my other losses.

Here's what I posted:

"I don't know about the rest of you Mommas but I have to admit, I'm a LITTLE pissed off with the recent, abrupt defections. While I still care about and appreciate all 3 Mommas, I'm not ready to ditch the events and friendships of this group. I don't know about you, but between losing my best friend, having my hubby gone most of the time, and now Isabella going to preschool, I cannot handle any more losses right now. So let's grab the fuckin' rug and put it under ourselves once again. Let's start brainstorming, stepping up to bat, and figuring out how to make this work. Yeah, we all have different preschool schedules but that doesn't stop our posting communications, MNOs, and various weekly get togethers. Just because we can no longer get together 3 times a week due to preschool schedules does not mean that we can no longer have a working group.If necessary, I will find out how to get access to posting events on Meetup from one of our past Organizers and then maybe we'll just do this as a coop, everyone chipping in to continue the friendships with our kids' friends and our friends. It's seemed to kinda evolve into that the last few months anyway.With that being said, who's in with me?"

I'll be interested to see what tomorrow brings. Again timing is impeccable; just more loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!
C