Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Good Day in Awhile

This may be too much information but it was a first so I must document it. Despite the fact that we had a full house to say the least last night with all beds and couches manned, things got a little frisky and in the middle of it (and this is the first that I was talking about), V. says to me, "I'm really going to miss you." I honestly feel like that's the nicest thing he's ever said to me, at least in my memory. I will be replaying that for the next month in my mind.

This afternoon, I got to spend a few hours with a friend of mine who used to be my therapist about 8 years back and that was helpful and enjoyable. We went and walked at the beach for an hour and a half and then had a mojito and an appetizer that she forced me to eat at a local restaurant. It was good to talk with someone who "got it" without me having to preface anything or worry about how I said something. I have to admit, I was pretty exhausted afterwards due to the subject matter but I was able to doze off for 15 minutes and it was enough to recharge my battery for the evening.

The BBQ went really well - our parents had a fantastic time and so did we. Even though they are from 2 separate coasts, they just have always gotten along so well - talking, laughing, just like they were old friends. V. and I went inside to clean up and make coffee and they were just cracking up and talking up a storm. I especially felt happy for V.'s parents since they don't seem to ever have time to have fun, relax, and socialize with people their age. Really a fun night for everyone.

I. had a hard time with her sisters leaving this morning and I'm trying to prepare myself for Tuesday when V. and his parents all go to the airport and it's just I. and I. It's really almost impossible not to feel abandoned in a way. We've had all these people here around us, surrounded by love and fun, and then BOOM! everyone is gone and it's back to just her and I. Usually V. is working when he comes home from Saudi so we still don't get to enjoy him all that much but this time, he's been home and it's going to be very hard on both I. and I.

1 comment:

Diana Duke said...

Sometimes good times make it harder to go back to normal--I've been dealing with that a lot lately. But now you have some happy memories to hold on to, and maybe you have some incentive to create your own fun memories while V is gone. It won't be the same, but it might give you a little direction. Much love for you as you continue on this difficult road!