Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Almost Here

You probably assume I'm talking about Christmas but I'm not. I'm talking about V leaving for Saudi Arabia for 2 weeks and that day is tomorrow. This is the beginning of a six month tour of duty (no he's not in the military). Next month it will probably be three weeks there, one week back home (but still working). And now it's the day before he leaves and inevitably, I'm feeling sad and worried. I don't like him this far away and specifically in that country. He's flying hoome on the 23rd which doesn't give him a lot of wiggle room if something goes wrong with the flight.

Enough about that - can't control so just need to let it go. On a better note, we got our Christmas tree yesterday and got the lights on it and Isabella was really excited about it.



Over the next couple of days, we'll get the ornaments on it little by little until it is a perfect Christmas tree. Every tree is a perfect Christmas tree once we get all of our family ornaments on it. Telling Isabella the story behind each one is one of the things I look forward to the most. She won't understand too much of them this year, but as the years go on, I will enjoy passing on the stories to her. Ah, Christmas through a child's eyes - there is nothing like it! I'm so grateful that I've been given this chance!

No comments: