Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Here

Today V is on his very long list of flights to eventually wind up in Riyadh or as I call it "that God forsaken place". How do I feel about it? Pretty doggone crappy. On top of that, I have caught I's virus and woke up in the middle of the night with a raw throat and pounding headache. Combine that with I waking me up at 5:30 because her nose was running and we're off to a great start of a long two weeks!

I'm trying to concentrate on the positives or it's going to be an even longer two weeks. So here's what I've come up with so far:

1. If I was dead, I wouldn't feel this pain in my throat and feel so lousy so I guess that means I'm alive, which is a very positive thing.

2. I have plenty of time at night to get all my work and personal projects done without guilt of neglecting V.

3. I like this time of year since I do all my shopping online, every day now there's packages on the porch for me to open and ooh and aah over at night.

4. I was stressing about making it to the mailbox before the mailman came to get that blasted postmark on the property taxes when lo and behold, he knocked on my door with a package and nicely took the envelope with him.

Who says life isn't about the small things? Baby steps, baby steps...

No comments: