Sunday, December 14, 2008

Keeping Perspective

Well we finished up the tree and it looks really good. With V being gone, I'm really getting to enjoy the tree a whole lot. Here's the finished product.



Today I took I to a Junior Theater play and she really enjoyed it. This was her second one and again, she sat through an hour without any problem. She would look up at me with this little smile and huge eyes like "Wow, I like this Mommy!" On our way home, I said that maybe next time Daddy could come with us like he did the first time we went. Then I said, "I miss Daddy." A few seconds passed, as her little brain purred, and then she said, "Me too." I taped up our Christmas card over her changing table so now she says Good morning, good night and kisses Daddy throughout the day.

There's a lot going on with this girl 'cause when Daddy calls in the morning, you can count on I acting up, whining, being naughty and throwing tantrums. Every morning that he's been gone has been tough which is weird because he's been gone before, plenty of time. I don't know if it's because I've told her that Daddy is going to be gone for a long time or if it's because he left his car in the garage. Whenever we arrive home, she thinks Daddy is home and I think it's probably like ripping a newly formed scab off. I know the feeling but at least I have that mature perspective that she cannot possibly have yet.

Tomorrow Mark is coming over to collect his cats. I get to see him for the first time since July and get to meet his new son. I just need to prepare myself for the fact that he's 20 lbs. lighter and has lost his hair. I'm excited though and can't wait to see him.

No comments: