Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catching Up From Thanksgiving

A variety of topics have cropped up in the last four days that I need to air out.

First, Thanksgiving Day was a surprising low-stress day. There was still the annual bickering among my parents when the meat came out of the oven (don't ask me, it's just a phenomenon of sorts). However, that was the extent of the stress. So I was really happy about that.

Then Saturday arrived and we went to our weekly "Linner" (Lunch/Dinner) at El Torito. However, disaster had struck. The waiter/friend that has taken care of us since before I was pregnant with I. is MIA. As in he no longer works here. I swear I felt like crying. We just celebrated I.'s birthday here because of him and now he's gone. It's like a beloved member of the family is gone. Somehow I'm going to find him and we will see him again. This may seem bizarre to you but I. went from being scared of him to being fond of him to nicknaming him and looking forward to taking a "tour" of El Torito with him each week. To make it worse, our service was horrible last Saturday.

I'll finish this blog tomorrow - getting late right now.

1 comment:

Diana Duke said...

You have had so much loss in your life, and struggled so much with continuity, that the waiter's sudden absence works as a representation of these trials, that nothing seems to stay easy or expected.

That, and lousy service sucks. But mostly the first stuff.