Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 5

Sleep, aggravation, and productivity.   These are the words to describe today.

Got 9 hours of sleep though I woke up many, many times with aches and pains.   Still it was great to wake up without an alarm and without the feeling that I should be up and doing something for my family members.  Being completely alone provides a freedom like nothing else can provide.

Aggravation came in the form of the flooring being uncompleted today and that it will continue on into next week.  However the real aggravation arose from a baseboard issue where the installers were under the impression that it was completely fine for the left half of a room to have 4" baseboards and the other half of the room to have standard 1" baseboards.  Why they ever thought that would be okay is beyond me.  But it's turning into a disagreement of sorts.  On top of that, I noticed that you can see the nail holes on the baseboards.  I'm not normally a difficult person but if I'm paying $3500+ for a professional job, I'll be damned if I'm going to be on my hands and knees patching a million nail holes and painting them.  I've got enough damn things on my own list - AND I DON'T GET PAID FOR DOING THEM.  So bite me, that's all I've got to say.

Productivity - I got many small errands done that take about 10 minutes of time to handle but by the time I've gotten the stroller out, D. strapped in, and then try to simultaneously entertain him and give sufficient attention to getting the errand done, it not only takes longer than 10 minutes, it takes a lot of my physical and mental energy.  It's a grand balancing act.

Picked up the kiddos this afternoon and while it was a bedtime filled with some crying and tantrums due to one overly tired kid and one kid on an alternative sleep schedule thanks to grandparents, when I went in to their room after they fell asleep it was heartwarming to see them sleeping.  I miss being able to see them sleep - the sight hits my reset button, tugs on my heart strings, and makes me feel as though all is good and well and as it should be.

No comments: