Thursday, June 27, 2013

Days 8-10 & 11

So much for posting every day.  It's hard to believe that tomorrow will be Friday.  The week passed by so quickly.  I. was at summer camp at her school Monday - Wednesday and the flooring installers were here off and on throughout that time.  Both things made the week go quickly.  I was really conflicted about I. being at summer camp.  With her being at my parents' last week, I just was really missing her and feeling like I wasn't getting to spend time with her during the summer so far. 

Today she and I got some things done around the house while D. took his morning nap, played a little and did some math for fun.  Once he got up it was off to the Fair to meet my parents.  What a madhouse.  The traffic, rude people, mishandled orders, and just the crowds chipped away at my patience.  There were intermittent moments when I truly enjoyed myself and lost myself in the moment like when D. and I were on a ride together or when D. and I. enjoyed their first ride together EVER.  We ran into my friend Melissa and some of her family (we knew each other was there but it was pretty wild that we ran literally right into each other) and that was nice for my parents to finally meet her.  But then....her mom asked my mom if they lived near us or if they were visiting and when my mom said they lived in Carlsbad, Melissa's mom replied that that was pretty close by.  That when my mom just couldn't help interjecting, "Well we wished she lived closer." 

My teeth went on edge and I looked at Melissa whose eyes darted over to me and we both bugged them out at each other because we had already talked about this topic and it was like, "Oh here she goes!"  So she jumped in with how her mom and her do lots of things together and my mom said, "Oh well you must live really close to each other." to which Melissa responded, "No not really, about 30 minutes away.  She lives in Tierrasanta and I live in Escondido.  And I used to live in Scripps Ranch until I moved to Escondido."  That kind of took the wind out of my mom's sails and she dropped it but I was aggravated.  Now the time I spend with them, I'm on guard waiting for the unavoidable poke to come.  I have to talk to them before 4th of July because honestly, I can't go through another family gathering on guard.  It's making me irritable and stressed on top of just the stress of moving etc.  There just wasn't an opportunity this week to address it but I'll have to make sure there is one next week.

Tomorrow I'm planning on hitting the beach with the kiddos for a couple of hours to enjoy the cooler coastal temps and warm ocean.  I do want to make sure that D. gets down for an afternoon rest because he didn't get one today and won't get one on Saturday due to Caroline's birthday party.

V. was able to get a decent flight home tomorrow, should be home around 5.  He's been gone all week so I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I do hope you have an opening to talk to your mom about how you are feeling with the constant pokes about how far away you live. She doesn't realize how blessed she is to have you in the same city! I know!