Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 1 & 2

This is a combo post since I wasn't able to post last night via my Kindle.  Don't ask me why.

Day 1:

Rolled into summer vacay with a trip to the pool with the kiddos.  Had lunch down there and pretty much enjoyed ourselves.  Spent some together time with I. and got all of us signed up for summer swimming lessons.

Day 2:

Challenging times with D.  Don't know if he's still not feeling well or still tired from Sunday but tantrums in the morning and then at lunch time.  I know it'll get easier once he can speak but for now his frustration is off the chart as is his expectation of me to be able to read his mind 100% of the time within 3 seconds preferably.  If he gets mad, he finds some way to bash his head into something - a wall, the ground, a seat back.  I get that he's overwhelmed but it's still hard to deal with especially if he's heading for tile or trying to head butt me in the face.  Dentist appointment was exhausting with him - I needed a Valium afterwards.  Now they are at my parents' house for the next 2.5 days so that I can get the carpet cleaned and laminate floors installed.  There is a lot on my plate to get done in the next 2 days and I'll be working like a dog during the day though I have a massage scheduled late tomorrow afternoon and then my friend Melissa and I are going to grab some dinner before it's back to the house to move furniture in preparation to the flooring install.  I hope my effort to have some balance will help reduce the rest of the stress.  Oh and the garbage disposal broke yesterday and was smoking so someone will be repairing that tomorrow morning.  What's one more person in the house?

No comments: